Is Pope Benedict the Last before the Tribulation?
According to a biography, St. Malachy, a Catholic Bishop of Ireland, was visiting Rome in 1139 when he went into a trance and had a vision claiming to have seen all the popes following Innocent II until the destruction of the church and the return of Christ. The result of this vision was that he named 112 popes from that time until the end. For each of these Popes, he wrote prophetically describing each pope in Latin. The manuscript was forgotten until 1590 when it was later found and published.
The Latin descriptions are very brief, but scholars have matched them to each successive pope since that time with unusual accuracy. That’s what makes these prophecies so interesting. Prophecy Dude is not saying you should swallow this hook, line, and sinker, but it is definitely interesting and if true, certainly affirms that we believe we are closing in on the end times. Here are the descriptions for the last few popes, including the current one, and the last one:
- Pope No. 108 – Paul VI (1968-78). The prophecy for the 108th Pope was, “Flos Florum”, which means ‘Flower of Flowers’. Paul VI’s coat of arms contained three fleurs-de-lis (Isis blossoms).
- Pope No. 109 – John Paul I (1978). The prophecy for 109th Pope was “De Medietate Lunae”, which means ‘the Half Moon’. John Paul I was born in the diocese of Belluno (beautiful moon) and was baptized Albino Luciani (white light). He became Pope when there was a half moon (August 26, 1978). He died the next month right after an eclipse of the moon.
- Pope No. 110 – John Paul II (1978-2005). The prophecy for the 110th Pope was “De Labore Solis”, which means ‘from the labor of the sun.’ John Paul II was born during an eclipse of the sun on May 8, 1920. As the sun rises out of the East, so he came to the Vatican from the east. Wherever on the earth the sun shines, he visited.
- Pope No. 111—Pope Benedict XVI (2005- ). The prophecy for the 111th Pope was “Gloria Olivae”, which means ‘the glory of the Olive.’ Saint Benedict himself prophesied that before the end of the world his Order, known also as the Olivetans, will triumphantly lead the Catholic Church in its final fight against evil. Based on this, the Order of Saint Benedict has claimed that this pope will come from its group.
So, let’s take a look at a few things that seem to tie the current pope, Benedict XVI, with this prophecy:
- The olive branch is the symbol of the Order of Saint Benedict
- Although Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger was not a Benedictine, he chose the name in honor of the founder of that order
- On 5 April 1993, the future Pope Benedict XVI was installed as the cardinal bishop of Velletri-Segni whose coat of arms is emblazoned with three olive trees.
- Pope Benedict XVI was born on 16 April, the feast day of Saint Benedict Joseph Labre
The Benedictine order is always credited with advocating turning to the pure doctrine of the church, and Pope Benedict has called homosexuality on objective disorder, that priestly ordination of women would be a grave offense to the divine constitution of the church, and he stated during one of the US campaigns for president, “A Catholic would be guilty of formal cooperation with evil, and so unworthy to present himself for Holy Communion, if he were to deliberately vote for a candidate precisely because of the candidate’s permissive stand in favor of abortion and or euthanasia” (Newsweek, May 2, 2005). This all fits precisely with Malachy’s prophecy.
He has also been dealing with the sexual sins of Catholic priests in an attempt to clean up and bring peace as the olive branch symbolizes.
Benedict has even said that his time will be short. Is he also aware of this prophecy? Duh, of course he is. He’s Catholic!
The fact that Jesus delivered the message to his disciples about the tribulation (Matthew 24) on Mount of Olives, leads many to speculate that this Pope 111 prophesied by Saint Malachy will be the pope up to the time of entering into the Tribulation period. If that is true, then we know we are close. He was born in 1927, so you do the math. The dude is old. Let me spell it out: n-o-t m-u-c-h t-i-m-e l-e-f-t!
What about the last Pope number 112? St. Malachy predicts, “In the final persecution of the Holy Roman Church there will reign ‘Petrus Romanus’ (Peter the Roman), who will feed his flock amid many tribulations; after which the seven-hilled city will be destroyed and the dreadful Judge will judge the people.” Then Saint Malachy says, “The end.”