The End-Time Crisis: God’s Response to the Rage against Jesus
Mike Bickle presented God’s response to the growing rage against Jesus and His people at the International House of Prayer’s 2014 One Thing conference. It resonates with the tone for these days in which we live.
Why do the nations rage,
And the people plot a vain thing?
The kings of the earth set themselves,
And the rulers take counsel together,
Against the Lord and against His Anointed, saying,
“Let us break Their bonds in pieces
And cast away Their cords from us.” Psalm 2:1-3
These first three verses in King David’s prophecy demonstrate the fierce opposition to Jesus’ leadership. They seek to “remove the influence of His Word from society.” Is this happening now more than ever?
- Why Are So Many Christians Turning Into Atheists?
- A US School Board Votes to Eliminate All Religious References to School Holidays
- Survey: Brits More Likely to Believe In Aliens Than God
- City Threatens to Arrest Ministers Who Refuse to Perform Same-Sex Weddings
- City of Houston demands pastors turn over sermons
- California school bans all Christian books
- MO Middle School Student Prohibited from Reading Bible During Free Time
Need more proof? Click our link Hated by all Nations and read many articles demonstrating especially in the last three years where a real turn against the Bible and Christianity is becoming the favored norm. It’s evident, it’s clear, and no one can deny it. Biblical prophecy is fulfilling.
Bickle stated that, “These leaders will oppose the truth about Jesus and His definitions of salvation, love, purity, and justice.” This is happening predominately in many traditional Christian denominations, but evangelical groups are not without pressure.
- Pastor: 'I Don't Think God Exists' after Atheist Experiment
- Church of Scotland presbyteries vote to appoint gay ministers
- Lesbian Candidate for United Methodist Ordination Undergoing 'Gender Transition'
- National Cathedral Holds Friday Muslim Prayers
- 'Beer and Hymns' Church Night
- Vatican expresses warmth towards gay and LGBT community for first time in major shift
- Megachurch Evangelist Accused of Forcing Abortions, Vasectomies
- Minister Refuses to Leave After Admitting to Having AIDS, Engaging in Sex With Members
- Swingin’ for Jesus? 'Christian' Couple swaps partners as 'ministry'
- Why did Southern Baptists Vote ‘Third Way’ Church Out of Convention?
- Progressive Evangelicals Launch Campaign To Expand Christian Support For Same-Sex Marriage
More on that stuff here: A Form of Godliness.
Bickle states that before Jesus returns, “both godliness and sin will reach their greatest heights in history, resulting in a falling away from the faith.” He adds that, “both light and darkness will increase at the same time:
For your light has come!
And the glory of the Lord is risen upon you. Isaiah 60:1
Let both grow together until the harvest, and at the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, “First gather together the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them, but gather the wheat into my barn.”’”The enemy who sowed them is the devil, the harvest is the end of the age, and the reapers are the angels. Matthew 13:30, 39
Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons, speaking lies in hypocrisy, having their own conscience seared with a hot iron, forbidding to marry… 1 Timothy 4:1-3
Bickle uses Psalm 2 to reveal the Father’s response to the rage of the nations:
He who sits in the heavens shall laugh;
The Lord shall hold them in derision.
Then He shall speak to them in His wrath,
And distress them in His deep displeasure:
“Yet I have set My King
On My holy hill of Zion.” Psalm 2:4-6
And then Jesus’ response in intercession is found in Psalm 2:7-9
“I will declare the decree:
The Lord has said to Me,
‘You are My Son,
Today I have begotten You.
Ask of Me, and I will give You
The nations for Your inheritance,
And the ends of the earth for Your possession.
You shall break them with a rod of iron;
You shall dash them to pieces like a potter’s vessel.’”
We see the signs of the end times. We know we are in the last days; we just don’t know how long this will last, but when we think we have reached bottom, humanity’s rage will worsen. Even in the tribulation, they will continue to rage against God rather than repent and turn to Him.
They blasphemed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, and did not repent of their deeds. Revelation 16:11
With a mission to not just endure to the end, but to preach the gospel of the Kingdom, we have to be about the Master’s business. Bickle states, “The Psalm 2 crisis requires a Joel 2 response, resulting in an Acts 2 outpouring of the Spirit.” The church would do well to contend for this.
- Church of God Makes Urgent Call for 21 Days of Prayer and Fasting
- Bestselling Author Declares: Science Supports the Existence of a Creator
- Healing Rooms Movement Spreading Rapidly in Israel
- Exorcisms on the rise: Occult activity sparks 'pastoral emergency'
- We need a moral and spiritual awakening
- Ebola: Liberian President Calls Nation to Prayer and Fasting
- Tent Churches Emerge in Iraqi Refugee Camps
- 8 Reasons to Expect Massive Muslim Awakening
- Pope’s Korea Trip Also Puts Focus on Rise of Christianity in China
- Over 1.6 million attend service, thousands give hearts to Christ
Satan may cause the nations to rage, but he can’t stop the church or the plan of God. The nations are the inheritance of Jesus. We are part of that. Just go…
- The End Time Sign of Persecution... And It’s Increasing
- When is the Day of Vengeance?
- Why Do the Nations Rage?
We reserve the right to delete comments that are snippy, offensive, or off-topic. For more, read Prophecy Dude’s Comments Policy