The Nagging Drip on Christianity
It’s a subtle war, but a war nevertheless. As persistently consistent as a nagging water faucet drip, the war on Christianity is seeing great success. The enemy’s minions are working to first marginalize it; then despise it. That drip is becoming a steady flow.
Church membership is in decline. Paul warned that one of the signs of the end times is a great falling away.
Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ had come. Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, 2 Thessalonians 2:1-3
- Lutheran church feeling pinch of desertions
- Overall Declining Numbers for Southern Baptists Heartbreaking, Says Leader
- Southern Baptists Report Decline
- Survey: Majority of Americans Say Religion's Waning Influence In U. S. Is Bad for Country
- UK Census figures show Christianity in sharp decline; Islam dramatically increases
- Scottish poll finds Christian belief in decline
- Christianity on the decline in Redbridge, while other religions on the up
- Is the Great Falling Away Already Underway?
- Unbelief Now the World's Third-Largest 'Religion'
In his efforts to help humans despise Christianity, Satan is leading many to believe that Christianity is a disease. Christianity is intolerant, and even extreme, so let’s fight it! You know what the real reason is? True Christianity moving in the power and anointing reveals sin and that is what is uncomfortable for the sinner. The sinner seeks to protect his “rights” to practice sin. Christianity, to them, is a blazing billboard making them aware of their sin and need for the Savior. They choose to stomp out the very life that will save them.
The President of the United States, Barak Obama, blames Christianity for the ills of the world.
Christianity is being reduced to small vestiges of itself. The tenets, beliefs, and practices are all being whittled to an unrecognizable form; something neutral, disarming, but definitely deceitful. Paul’s warning was bright-light clear:
having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away! 2 Timothy 3:5
- Apple Removes Ministry App Aimed at Battling Habitual Sins
- Church-State Separation Group Takes Credit for Air Force's Removal of Picture
- British Judge Rules UK Christians Don't Have the Right to Refuse Work on Sundays
Martyrdom and persecution against Christians have been around since Jesus walked the earth, but today they are on the rise. Jesus said this is a sign of the last days:
And you will be hated by all for My name’s sake. But he who endures to the end will be saved. Matthew 10:22
- Some 100,000 Christians killed per year over faith, Vatican says
- Christian Pastor in Iran Arrested During Prayer Meeting; Church Threatened With Closure
- Amazing speech as Rear Admiral Lee claims Christianity under assault in U.S. military
- High School Track Team Disqualified When Runner Gestures Thanks to God
- The mass exodus of Christians from the Muslim world
- Is Religious Freedom Crumbling in America?
- Obama Admin. 'Most Hostile' to Religious Freedom in US History, Says Expert
- How China Plans to Wipe Out House Churches
- Christian Persecution in China Rises Over 40 Percent in 2012
- Evangelist Threatened With Arrest for ‘Scaring’ People
- Reports of religious persecution in Cuba quadrupled last year
- Christian Persecution On the Rise
- White House Petition Calls for Obama Admin to Designate the Catholic Church a ‘Hate Group’
Part of the whittling away is washing Christianity of its doctrine. The very doctrines that separate Christianity from the world and dedicate them to God have been bleached as if they were horrible stains on humanity.
- Percent of Americans Believing in the Resurrection Drops To 64% From 77% Last Easter
- War on Faith?: Alabama Elementary School Bans the Word Easter
Even as the world seems to recoil into darkness, and these last days have the feel of dusk moving into stark and murky blackness, there is a light that will shine, and dudes and dudettes, nothing will stop it. The faithful remnant will remain, the church will shine in glory, and He is coming back!
But where sin abounded, grace abounded much more, so that as sin reigned in death, even so grace might reign through righteousness to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 5:20-21
The people who walked in darkness have seen a great light; those who dwelt in the land of the shadow of death, upon them a light has shined. Isaiah 9:2
For it is the God who commanded light to shine out of darkness, who has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. 2 Corinthians 4:6
Now I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse. And He who sat on him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and makes war. His eyes were like a flame of fire, and on His head were many crowns. He had a name written that no one knew except Himself. He was clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God. And the armies in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, followed Him on white horses. Now out of His mouth goes a sharp sword, that with it He should strike the nations. And He Himself will rule them with a rod of iron. He Himself treads the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. And He has on His robe and on His thigh a name written:
KING OF KINGS AND
LORD OF LORDS.
We reserve the right to delete comments that are snippy, offensive, or off-topic. For more, read Prophecy Dude’s Comments Policy
Subscribe to our newsletter comments powered by Disqus