The White House invites a Curse
A nation’s leader plays an important role the spiritual health of their nation. In the case of nations that elect their leaders, they are chosen based on what they promise. Which leader is placed is a barometer for that nation’s desires but also, and more importantly, the nation’s condition. Once in office, these leaders have the authority to fulfill their agenda and this becomes the door through which a nation receives blessings or curses.
Paul states that national leadership is important enough for Christians to pray:
Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men, for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence. 2 Timothy2:1-2
The story isn’t completely told of all the darkness that is invited into the United States’ vestibule, the White House, and subsequently ushered into the heart and home of the nation. But, one event sponsored by Michelle Obama certainly pulls back the curtain on some spiritual wickedness.
The Bible uses the antics of Israel to show how doing either right or wrong brings good or bad consequences. Throughout the era of the Judges and Kings we’ll find times where “Israel did that which was right in their eyes” abandoning the tenets of truth, the direction of discipline, and God’s oracles of obedience to do what they believed would increase tolerance and understanding among their neighbors. Here’s one of the many examples the Bible records for us:
Then the children of Israel again did evil in the sight of the Lord, and served the Baals and the Ashtoreths, the gods of Syria, the gods of Sidon, the gods of Moab, the gods of the people of Ammon, and the gods of the Philistines; and they forsook the Lord and did not serve Him. So the anger of the Lord was hot against Israel; and He sold them into the hands of the Philistines and into the hands of the people of Ammon. From that year they harassed and oppressed the children of Israel for eighteen years—all the children of Israel who were on the other side of the Jordan in the land of the Amorites, in Gilead. Moreover the people of Ammon crossed over the Jordan to fight against Judah also, against Benjamin, and against the house of Ephraim, so that Israel was severely distressed.
And the children of Israel cried out to the Lord, saying, “We have sinned against You, because we have both forsaken our God and served the Baals!”
So the Lord said to the children of Israel, “Did I not deliver you from the Egyptians and from the Amorites and from the people of Ammon and from the Philistines? Also the Sidonians and Amalekites and Maonites oppressed you; and you cried out to Me, and I delivered you from their hand. Yet you have forsaken Me and served other gods. Therefore I will deliver you no more. “Go and cry out to the gods which you have chosen; let them deliver you in your time of distress.”
And the children of Israel said to the Lord, “We have sinned! Do to us whatever seems best to You; only deliver us this day, we pray.” So they put away the foreign gods from among them and served the Lord. And His soul could no longer endure the misery of Israel. Judges 10:6-16
The Bible makes it clear that the wicked rulers of Israel where so called because they invited influence from demonic gods. The result was always a curse upon Israel. Obedience brings blessing, disobedience brings a curse. There is one God, and Him only will you serve. Boom, that’s it and it’s clear as can be.
“Now it shall come to pass, if you diligently obey the voice of the Lord your God, to observe carefully all His commandments which I command you today, that the Lord your God will set you high above all nations of the earth. And all these blessings shall come upon you and overtake you, because you obey the voice of the Lord your God Deuteronomy 28:1-2
“But it shall come to pass, if you do not obey the voice of the Lord your God, to observe carefully all His commandments and His statutes which I command you today, that all these curses will come upon you and overtake you… Deuteronomy 28:15
So who is this Lakshmi, the goddess of wealth and prosperity that Mrs. Obama has invited into the nation’s home? She’s a popular god who provides not only wealth but good health and joyful family life. She is anointed by elephants and rides a white owl. Lakshmi intercedes on the behalf of her followers with her husband, Vishnu, who likes to mete out punishment. They are demons.
So while Christianity is continually marginalized, restricted, and in some cases, despised, the USA President’s wife opens the door and invites this demonic god into the White House.
Perhaps she believes reaching out to the side of darkness to a goddess of prosperity will help the struggling economy of the United States. Similarly, did Nebuchadnezzar turn to false gods, but Daniel proved God to be real. The USA needs a Daniel to mentor their President Obama. Read my blog post Fathering Nations.
One of the signs of the end times presented by Jesus recorded in Matthew 24:9 is that hatred for His followers would increase. The distancing of this administration from Christianity and from Israel is very apparent.
- Are American Christians Paranoid?
- Anti-Faith Sentiment Growing at Alarming Rate
- U.S. Army labels influential pro-family Christian organization ‘domestic hate group’
- Ban Bible oath from court, says magistrate
- Ten Commandments Monument Behind Supreme Court Toppled
- US Air Force cracking down on Christians
- Feds forced churches to get baptism permits
- Pentagon Labels Founding Fathers, Conservatives as Extremists
- Bible Belt Is Collapsing as Prophetic Minority Loses Culture War
- Government Tries to Convince Atheists They Might Qualify as 'Ministers of the Gospel'
- Obama: religious education as a source of conflict
- Survey: Majority of Americans Say Religion's Waning Influence In U. S. Is Bad for Country
- Pentagon Religious Advisor Calls Evangelical Christian Troops 'Traitors' and 'Spiritual Rapists'
- Obama criminalizes Christianity in the military
- Pentagon May Court Martial Soldiers Who Share Christian Faith
- Pentagon Blocks Access to Southern Baptist Website
- Defense Department classifies Catholics, evangelicals as extremists
- Is Religious Freedom Crumbling in America?
- Obama Admin. 'Most Hostile' to Religious Freedom in US History, Says Expert
- Fox News Accuses NBC of 'Declaring War' on Christians
- Obama Administration: We Will Still Force Christians to Act Against Their Faith
- 36 Percent Increase Seen In US Church Violence
- White House Petition Calls for Obama Admin to Designate the Catholic Church a ‘Hate Group’
- Military Chaplains Criticize President Obama Over Religious Liberty Protections to Service Members
- Obama: religious freedom provisions in defense bill ‘unnecessary and ill-advised’
- Is the Great Falling Away Already Underway?
- Christianity being 'airbrushed' out of Christmas cards
- Obama drops God from Thanksgiving address for fourth year
- Franklin Graham Says Obama's Re-election Proves America Has 'Turned Our Back On God'
- America’s Most Biblically-Hostile U. S. President
- Exclusive: Democrats Drop 'God' From Party Platform
- Obama's Incredible Attacks on God and Country - Shocking Documentation
- School changes lyrics from 'God Bless the USA' to 'We love the USA'
If we consider the ancient Israeli pattern of turning away from God and then back again, inspired hope is that a new leader will be raised up who will lead the United States back to God, His Word, and His awesome presence and blessing.
We can hope.
- How much longer can this go on?
- The Nagging Drip on Christianity
- Sanitizing Christianity from the US Military
- The Two Churches of the End Times
- Obama’s Final Agenda
- Unprecedented Presidential Disasters
- Five Signs the Church May Now Be Falling Away
- Fathering Nations
Image credit: Prophecy Dude
We reserve the right to delete comments that are snippy, offensive, or off-topic. For more, read Prophecy Dude’s Comments Policy