I am believer of end time message...my home church here in trento Philippines
Why pastors avoid teaching about the end times
Are you scared? Afraid you don’t know enough about it to teach it? Maybe you feel like people will think you are some weird conspiracy-theory weird-like person if you teach it. Look at it this way; what would a chocolate cake be like if you left out the chocolate or sugar, or the eggs? By avoiding teaching the end times, you are probably contributing to the problem of half-baked Christianity. Look; there are over 2,400 verses in the Bible that deal with the Second Coming of Christ. For every 25 verses in the New Testament, one of them deals with the end times. There you go. If you don’t teach it, you’ll have lopsided church members, and I guarantee you, if you don’t teach it, someone else will, and you may not like how that ends up looking.
Let’s look at some reasons you may be avoiding it.
- You don’t feel like you know enough to teach it. Join the club. No one completely understands it. Although there are some basic principles that provide guidance in developing a picture of the end times, a lot of it is up for grabs. A big part of it isn’t going to be revealed until it actually happens, like the Seven Thunders that the Angel told John would be sealed until the end. You don’t have to be an expert, and reality is 99% of your members don’t care to go into it deep enough to require you to be an expert.
- As pastor, you need to take an apostolic role in pointing your members to the mission and vision of the church. End times teaching perfectly facilitates that. The general mission is 1. Seek ye and 2. Go ye. Specifically, Seek the kingdom of God (Matthew 6:33), and Go to the world with the message (Matthew 28:18-20, Mark 16:15-18). Teaching the end times is a great tool in directing and focusing your members on the mission of the church. Teaching about the end times will give your members another tool for witnessing to the lost. You can show them how to effectively wield this in witnessing. It’s great; it should always inspire to reach out and not hide away with a bag of beans and rice waiting for the end to come.
- Appropriate teaching of the end times will direct your members away from end time conspiracy theories and doomsayers. It’s sad that doomsday preaching seems to always be associated with an end time message. It’s important that you take the lead on this or someone else will. There is always that stinking 1% who always seems to be twirling on the fringes.
- Understanding the end times helps people with geography and culture. When you begin to teach about end time-mentioned nations, your members will begin to understand the world and their place in it. They will learn about different cultures, and think about what a blessing this can be for missions giving! Remember, it’s about the mission or purpose of the church. Why are they here? To wear out the pew pad?
- Prayer is increased and inspired by end times teaching. Members will better focus their prayers on the lost, on the needs of missionaries, and even on whole nations that need the light of the gospel. This can become a powerful dynamic in your church.
- Teaching the end times inspires worship. You can’t get through reading Revelation 5 without wanting to jump up, shout, and worship the Lamb of God, slain from the foundation of the world. You just have to know enough to explain what that scroll means and why only He is worthy to open it. I feel like praising Him now!
- Teaching the end times will help put FOX and CNN in perspective. You can show your members how they can follow the news with the remote in one hand and the Bible in the other. Now, that is exciting!
- Teaching the end times will help your people prepare for tough times. Sorry, but tough times are coming, for the Bible tells us so. But, preparing God’s people for what is coming will help them sustain, overcome, and see God’s supernatural provision, power, and strength. It will give them God’s perspective and an understanding of the “picture” or end time plan. You are God’s shepherd for the flock that He has given you charge. Lead them through the valley of the shadow of death and show them they have nothing to fear for God is with them. That’s the Kingdom inside them. The Book of Revelation, you know; that book at the end that you keep avoiding? Well, it teaches that the saints of God overcome through the blood of the Lamb and the word of their testimony. You need to teach that because it’s powerful and we need more overcomers pushing back darkness fulfilling the Lord’s model prayer, “Your kingdom come, your will be done on earth as it is in heaven” (Luke 11:2).
You can do this.
Topic: Why pastors avoid teaching about the end times
Date: | By: allan ejada
my pastor avoids end times.
Date: | By: Anon
I asked my pastor why he doesnt teach about end times, and he said he doesnt get into that because its causes too much controversy and division. He said that it shouldnt matter anyway because those who believe in Christ will be ready for the end anyway. i disagree with him. He's picking and choosing what he wants to teach
A Message from Yahweh
Date: | By: Regina Adonna
For the so-called Christian churches that claim to reveal Yahweh’s Word in truth:
Revelation 2:23 "I will kill her children with the plague. Then all the churches will know that I am the One who examines minds and hearts, and I will give to each of you according to your works."
They are cursed especially for their lying conduct in reference to Yahweh and Christ. Remember when Yahweh killed the first born males of ancient Egypt? Now He will kill the children of Satan that make up the false churches.
1 Chronicles 21:27 "Then the LORD spoke to the angel, and he put his sword back into its sheath."
The only way this will happen is if they repent and accept Yahweh for who He really is - in Truth.
Otherwise, those churches professing to be true Christians will go the way of the rest of cursed mankind.
Revelation 2:11 "Anyone who has an ear should listen to what the Spirit says to the churches. The victor will never be harmed by the second death."
"There will be no peace on Earth until My Son's Kingdom. I will crush every kingdom now standing and rock the earth off it's foundation. I Yahweh will destroy every enemy to My throne, and who can stop Me? Who can turn back My anger? No one." - Yahweh
Christ Jesus said at Matthew 10:34 "Don't assume that I came to bring peace on the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword."
While Satan works to maintain “peace on earth” and halt prophecy, mankind is alienated from God. What was prophesied long ago is currently taking place and will continue to until the battle of Armageddon.
Ezekiel 29:8 "Therefore this is what the Lord GOD says: I am going to bring a sword against you and wipe out man and animal from you."
Yes, that means God is angry.
Revelation 16:21 "Enormous hailstones, each weighing about 100 pounds, fell from heaven on the people, and they blasphemed God for the plague of hail because that plague was extremely severe."
We are currently in the Tribulation and the severity is about to become much worse. If you think things are bad now, you can’t imagine how bad they will become.
Satan is not the cause of what is occurring in the world via natural disasters, plagues, pestilence, financial crisis and all the rest. It is Yahweh’s will and it comes directly from Him. He is the One in control, and the One whom is nature.
Psalm 83:18 “May they know that You alone - whose name is Yahweh - are the Most High over all the earth.”
Calamity will come upon mankind and it will be via Yahweh’s hand. Satan is powerless to stop Him and mankind is powerless to stop Him.
Ezekiel 28:23 "I will send a plague against her and bloodshed in her streets; the slain will fall within her, while the sword is against her on every side. Then they will know that I am the LORD."
Yahweh is about to bring full rebellion to Satan’s empire. As hard as he works to try and keep peace, he will not be able to halt the people from rebelling against the governments. There is a reason the job failures and the staggering economy, and the lost homes. They are all designed to culminate against each government of every nation affected by this curse from God.
Malachi 1:4 "Though Edom says: "We have been devastated, but we will rebuild the ruins," the LORD of Hosts says this: "They may build, but I will demolish. They will be called a wicked country and the people the LORD has cursed forever."
Satan will bring the nations back up from ruin for a short while, but they will not hold together. During that period of destruction, the people will curse God and seek their true benefactor that is opposed to Christ and Yahweh - Satan. The Antichrist will then make his appearance. The people will be awed by Satan’s regained powers and his strength to bring peace to this world of people. But it will not last. Yahweh will see to that.
Matthew 25:41 "Then He will also say to those on the left, 'Depart from Me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the Devil and his angels!"
All of mankind is cursed except for the remnant. Think. How many people survived the Great Flood? Sodom and Gomorrah? It will not be any different. Those events were precursors to what will occur in these End Times.
Mark 11:12 "[ The Barren Fig Tree Is Cursed ] The next day when they came out from Bethany, He was hungry."
Mark 11:21 "Then Peter remembered and said to Him, " Rabbi, look! The fig tree that You cursed is withered."
Satan's family tree is barren and was cursed long ago. Mankind is withering under our Creator’s curse.
Jeremiah 17:5 "[ Curse and Blessing ] This is what the LORD says: Cursed is the man who trusts in mankind, who makes [human] flesh his strength and turns his heart from the LORD."
Mankind is under a curse and belongs to Satan. It requires effort - action on the part of anyone hearing this wake up call to get out of Satan's empire. Those that have remained are to receive the plagues just ahead. Everything else has just been foreplay. The worst is just ahead, and it's all from Yahweh.
When Satan's empire totally crumbles out from under him and them as their Antichrist, this is what will happen:
Ezekiel 33:27 "Tell them this: This is what the Lord GOD says: As surely as I live, those who are in the ruins will fall by the sword, those in the open field I have given to wild animals to be devoured, and those in the strongholds and caves will die by plague."
Ezekiel 38:22 "I will execute judgment on him with plague and bloodshed. I will pour out torrential rain, hailstones, fire, and brimstone on him, as well as his troops and the many peoples who are with him."
Habakkuk 3:5 "Plague goes before Him, and pestilence follows in His steps."
That is the path Yahweh will lead Satan's followers down.
Deuteronomy 28:16 "You will be cursed in the city and cursed in the country."
There will be nowhere to hide.
Re: A Message from Yahweh
Date: | By: Prophecy Dude
Regina, I hope you feel better for getting that off your chest. You certainly seem to know where all the "curse" scriptures are. What Bible version do you use? Just wondering. I'm glad you felt comfortable sharing that.